Paragon Estate Agents Rent Guarantee and HMO Rental Guide
We understand how much your property means to you and we will treat it with great importance and care as we vision ourselves working with you on a long-term basis and keeping a great relationship throughout our dealings with you.
What is an HMO?
A House in Multiple Occupation is a property that is shared by three or more tenants who are not members of the same family. Depending on the exact type of HMO some landlords must have a licence from the council.
All HMOs, whether the landlord needs a license or not, are subject to Management Regulations and Inspections under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
This ensures that the property is managed properly and meets certain safety standards. The licence will be valid for up to five years, and will then have to be renewed accordingly.
What types of properties are classed as HMOs?
The following types of accommodation are all likely to be HMOs:
- Shared flats and houses with multiple occupancy who are not members of the same family.
- Sharing a bathroom or kitchen facilities with other tenants.
- Hostels and Bedsits with long or short term residents.
- Halls of residence for company staff, nurses etc.
If you are considering letting your property on a Rent Guarantee or HMO basis here’s what we can offer you:
- Guaranteed Rent for periods of 1-5 years with no void periods.
- No more tenants to manage, we will be dealing with all occupants and any issues throughout the tenancy.
- Prepare your property to meet legal requirements for HMO, such as health and safety standards, gas safety inspections, electrical safety checks, smoke alarms etc.
- Hassle free, we will take care of the management, all tenancies, council tax and all utility bills.
- We will take care of all small repairs at our own cost “terms apply”
- Regular visits and inspection of the property room by room, checking all appliances and carrying out safety checks.
- Having complete peace of mind and more time to concentrate on other important goals.
Call us on 020 8933 2345 or request a call back for more info or to discuss all options.